This was one of those chance finds as we drove from location to location, which can be very rewarding. The grounds where all over the place, as in parts sinking along with rabbit holes underfoot, making the walk round sometimes tricky in the long cut grass. Unfortunately inside was heavily overgrown as it's now a roofless ruin.
It was built in 1831 during the pastorate of Fr. Michael Wall. As there was two churches in the parish both being in the patron saint of St. John the Baptist.